Tuesday 24 August 2021

Riverside + Collage + Mick Moss (Warsaw Progresja Outside Stage, 21st August 2021)

Continuing with my summer concert binge, it was the turn of Riverside, doing a 20-year anniversary show, on Saturday:

As always, Riverside were great and I enjoyed Addicted; Lament; The Depth of Self-Delusion etc.


Enjoyed watching Riverside near the back of the crowd with a few nice beers.

Must admit that I equally enjoyed Collage, the first time I've seen them live:

Songs like Man in the Middle and Baśnie went down a treat.

 

At times, Collage reminded me of Marillion or IQ, and other times, of classic (Kerry Livegren) era Kansas. I really found them amazing.

Also really enjoyed Mick Moss, who has a fantastic voice, of course.

 

Have seen Mick Moss a couple of times before with Antimatter, and his accoustic solo set on Saturday worked well. He also had an intriguing backdrop:


Not sure if my highlight of the set was Leaving Eden or the great version of Alphaville's Big in Japan.

All in all, Saturday was another good day out in the summer concert season, hope to see another gig or two before the talk of another lock-down hots up in the media.


No comments:

Post a Comment