Wednesday 10 May 2023

MONO / GGGOLDDD - Warsaw Proxima (7-05-23)

This was a great Sunday evening out, a double headliner, MONO and GGGOLDDD at the Proxima in Warsaw.

It was the second time I'd seen MONO and this time round I found them a colossus live:


Tune of the night had to be the epic, not far short of 20-minute version of Com (?) which magically closed out the show.

Also enjoyed the recent material from Pilgrimage of the Soul (Riptide; Imperfect Things; and Innocence), but it was the older tunes like Halcyon (Beautiful Days) and, of course, crowd favourite, Ashes in the Snow that mesmerised me.


So happy that I got to see MONO again.

The same was true with GGGOLDDD (formerly spelt in a more conventional way), the first time I'd seen them was in about 2017 so it was good to catch up with them:


Think that the GGGOLDDD vocalist, Milena Eva, has an incredible low voice, it kind of works hypnotically with the experimental/industrial sound of the band.


Strawberry Supper and I Won't Let You Down from the (obviously dark) This Shame Should Not Be Mine album were my favourite tunes of the GGGOLDDD set.

Think that both MONO and GGGOLDDD are evolving into fascinating bands, was great to catch up with both again live.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment