Wednesday 24 May 2023

Xiu Xiu - Warsaw Hydrozagadka (20-05-23)


With my good friend, Wobbler, over from England, we really enjoyed Xiu Xiu at the Hydrozagadka Club in Warsaw on Saturday night.


A few years ago, I saw Jaime Stewart doing a solo set opening for Swans somewhere in Warsaw, but this was the first time I'd seen Xiu Xiu as a three-piece band and was, like all the audience, well-impressed.


The songs that stood out for me on the night were Ceremony (New Order cover); Ian Curtis Wishlist; and Apistat Commander (what a drumbeat!).

Besides the fantastic musicianship and brilliant male-female vocal interplay, what also impressed me was how drummer, David Kendrick, and multi-instrumentalist/vocalist, Angela Seo, enjoyed taking a bit of time out to chat with and have selfies done with my friend, Wobbler. 

Below, Wobbler is hovering round the stage while David and Angela collect their equipment:



Yeah, this was a brilliant concert and David and Angela's pleasantness/kindness made it a special night for Wobbler.


No comments:

Post a Comment