Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Chameleons (Vox) Live at Manchester Ritz 21st December 2013

So what was my final gig of 2013?  Well, it was The Chameleons (Vox) at Manchester Ritz on December 21st. 

I was already over to see Black Sabbath at Manchester Arena on 18th December so me and a good friend from my earliest schooldays decided to catch The Chameleons a few days later at the Ritz (thankfully, having an eclectic taste in music allows me to enjoy many different kinds of bands)


Despite having only known The Chameleons in passing (back in the 1980s), I really enjoyed the gig at Manchester Ritz, especially as the band did the electric version of 'Tears' (my favourite Chameleons' track which always makes me feel kind of homesick for my native Lancashire, it just has that kind of effect, it has a canonical quality).  Was also pleased and somewhat surprised to see that I knew most of the tunes (albeit not many of them by name) in the near enough two-hour set, such as 'Paper Tigers' (one of the few Chameleons' tunes I know by name - an inevitable effect of ageing process and liking hundreds of different bands, I'm afraid).

Also great to see people sharing their videos of the Manchester Ritz show on Youtube ('View From a Hill' below), as this helps us all to not only remember but also relive the gig:


Above all else, it was great to see my good mate from my schooldays enjoy his first concert in quite a while (hopefully, on the road to full recovery after a serious health problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment