Sunday 29 December 2013

Wind Turbines on the Owd Betts


Just back from a  Christmas trip to my hometown of Bury, Lancashire, which took in Black Sabbath at Manchester Arena on December 18th and The Chameleons (Vox) at Manchester Ritz on December 21st in the run-up to Christmas. 

But how did I occupy my time for the rest of the trip?  Well, basically, through doing lots of walking in the countryside around Bury.  Especially enjoyed a walk up to the Owd Betts yesterday, and was honoured to witness the onset of sunset with the wind turbines up there (pictured above and below):


Of course, I took the opportunity to have a nice swift pint of Real Ale in the Owd Betts' pub, where I occasionally used to go drinking while camping in Deeply Vale many moons ago.


In the picture below, I'm looking beyond the top road reservoir towards Peel Tower on Holcombe Hill in the distance:


Also got to see Noah Hill, surrounded by wind turbines, in the distance:


Have fond memories of walking up to Noah Hill with my family as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment