Monday 16 December 2013

Warsaw Zoo: Some More Characters

Here are some more interesting characters from my Saturday trip to Warsaw Zoo, starting off with the incredibly friendly-looking llama below:


Next up, it's the pensive-looking otter below who at one point was eating some kind of small chicken lunch, not fish as I'd expected:



Felt some sympathy for the buffalo/bison below, as such a magnificent creature belongs on the plains somewhere:



However, the two courting polar bears seemed to be having a better time below:



Yes, and finally my patience and stoic discipline were finally rewarded as I managed to get a decent picture of the red panda in a tall tree.  For me, it just looks like some kind of teddy-bear in a tree, I was really lucky to get such a shot:


And there was another nice surprise:  at first, there was neither sight nor sound of the seals, but after a few minutes, they came to the surface of the water, being purely curious about the voices they could hear:


Yes, you'll meet quite a few interesting characters if you take a late morning/early afternoon stroll round Warsaw Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment