Saturday 25 April 2015

Ozric Tentacles Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja 25th April 2015


This gig definitely surpassed my expectations.  Had never seen the Ozrics before so I thought it'd be a good idea to catch them at Warsaw Klub Progresja, and I'm really happy that I did.


Ozrics' mainstay, Ed Wynne seemed to have a few technical problems with his keyboards (I think???), but this simply didn't matter, as the band generated one of the best atmospheres I've ever seen at a gig.


Don't normally go in for purely instrumental bands, but I found the Ozrics' musicianship mesmeric.  And the sublime friendly atmosphere was lead by bassist, Brandi Wynne:


This lady really does have the 'touch and feel' for the bass guitar:


Won't pretend to know the names of any Ozric Tentacles' tunes, but was pleased to recognise (by melody alone) almost half of the songs that the band did last night.

In all, I enjoyed this gig immensely.  And all the 'Serotina' stuff hanging from the ceiling of the concert hall just added an incredible visual dimension to the Ozrics' great psychaedelic-type music:





No comments:

Post a Comment