Tuesday 28 April 2015

Seville: Torre del Oro ('Gold Tower')


Back in Seville here with the palm-enshrouded Torre del Oro, ('Gold Tower'), a watchtower built on the river in the city centre by the Moors in the early 13th century.

Nearby, I couldn't help but notice this streetlamp covered in palms:


And below, I tried to capture the 'Gold Tower' in some kind of Gothic-type frame:


Just read that the  'Gold Tower' was also some kind of prison during the Middle Ages.

Whenever I think of Seville now, the first thing that springs to mind is the wonderful palm trees there. Below, I'm trying to get 'inside' the palm tree to attain a better understanding of this magical thing:


And the 'Gold Tower' itself, well, it couldn't help but give me a sense of awe and enchantment (not dissimilar to that which I would experience a few days later when getting to see the Tower of St. Vincent/Belem Tower in Lisbon):



3 comments:

  1. Wowww! Thanks a lot baby! I always required writing in my site something very special like your blog has. You have really helped me a lot. orogold reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww! Thanks a lot baby! I always required writing in my site something very special like your blog has. You have really helped me a lot. orogold reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, Smith Mak.

    ReplyDelete