Sunday 19 April 2015

Seville: The Bullring


As the coach started drawing into Seville city centre, the building that grabbed most people's attention was the bullring:


On this Monday afternoon, the inside of the bullring didn't seem open for viewing, but there was some kind of museum open and a visit there may've possibly lead to getting inside the bullring, but I simply didn't have time.
 

The picture below shows some traditional bullfighting symbols, I guess, and was positioned above the April bullfighting schedule:


Got this picture of the inside of the Seville bullring from off the internet:


And this gory picture too:


Think that I would be too squeamish to watch a bullfight, and it just wouldn't be my cup of tea, anyway.  Having said this, I'm not sure where I stand on the '(not) banning bullfighting' issue, as it seems to be a complex case of animal rights versus preserving traditional human culture.  Regarding this, the Seville bullfights only seem to regularly take place in April and, more sporadically, during some of the following months.


Just found myself absorbed by the beauty of the exterior of the Seville bullring on a sultry mid-April day.

You can just about see the Seville bullfighting schedule for April in the bottom right corner of the picture below:



No comments:

Post a Comment