Thursday 27 August 2015

Revisualising the Deeply Vale Festival


So glad that some great guys sent these pictures from the late 1970s Deeply Vale Festival (in Bury/Rochdale) round the 'Old Bury' websites recently.  Having been about 12 in 1978, I can vaguely remember the stage being set up at Deeply Vale and maybe catching a bit of the music up there, but my memory really does fade.


Unfortunately, I never saw Steve Hillage's legendary performance at Deeply Vale (which is still held in massive reverence), but can remember the Bury Times having a huge, double-page, spread photo of Hillage live on stage  (not sure if my memory is playing tricks with me here, to be honest, but I'm about 80% sure).

Used to often go walking through Deeply Vale when I lived in Bury.

No comments:

Post a Comment