Wednesday 16 March 2016

Symphony X (Myrath and Melted Space) Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja


After quite a few months of anticipation, it finally came round to Symphony X.  Only started giving Symphony X a sustained listening about six months ago and have grown to really like some of their earlier material, especially 'The Odyssey'; 'Paradise Lost'; 'The Accolade Parts I and II' etc.

Knew that the band would be doing their latest album 'Underworld' in its entirety, with a few older tunes dotted into the set here and there, last night.


From the 'Underworld' album, 'Swan Song' and 'Without You' were always going to be the stand out tunes for me.  Also really liked 'Charon' and 'Legend'


From the pre-'Underworld' material, 'Sea of Lies' and 'Set the World on Fire' were my favourite tunes of the set.


Just mad at myself for discovering Symphony X so late in the day.  Would love to have seen/Would love to see them doing 'The Odyssey' live.


But still you catch a good band whenever you can, and I was more than happy to see Symphony X for the first time last night.



Only checked out French opening act, Melted Space, who have four (two male/two female)  alternating vocalists, a couple of days before the gig.


Really like 'No Need To Fear' which the band did 2-3 songs in.


And the surprise package of the night, the Tunisian band, Myrath, their set literally flew by with the crowd loving it.  For me, it was the pumping rhythm section of the band that stood out.


Had checked out Myrath beforehand on Youtube and thought "Yeah, they're okay but not really my cup of tea", but I'm glad I caught them last night - with their cultural background, they have a distinct sound which is well worth checking out live.



No comments:

Post a Comment