Wednesday 4 September 2019

Camping near Boscastle


The day before, it had been relentless rain in Bude but this hadn't been too big a problem.

However, the strong wind in and around Boscastle the following day was terrible. As can be seen in the picture, I had to use some rocks to help hold down the side of the tent facing the wind.

Needless to say, I got next to no sleep during the night, and before first light, I made a strategic retreat to the toilet block where I packed my tent and all my gear together away from the ferocious wind and constant rain.

Just before eight o'clock, I was on the bus from Boscastle, making my way back to Bude with the intention of getting back to Dorchester via Exeter and Yeovil.

My first ever venture into Cornwall had been great for the Thomas Hardy sites at St. Juliot and Beeny Cliff, but the weather had just been too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment