Saturday 21 September 2019

Wilco at Warsaw Progresja 15th September 2019

My highlight from last weekend, seeing Wilco at Warsaw Progresja


This was the first time I'd seen Wilco and they were absolutely fantastic, right up there with the best bands I've seen over the years (Rush, BOC, Kansas, ELP, Yes etc.).


Despite not being that well up on Wilco, only really knowing the more famous tunes ('Dawned on Me'; 'I Am Trying To Break Your Heart'; 'California Stars' etc.), I was captivated throughout the 29-song set.


Was nice to see a band take well-deserved plaudits and then come back on for about seven encores.


My favourite tune of the night? Had to be 'Impossible Germany', the Nels Cline guitar solo had the whole crowd spellbound.

Was also a nice touch the way Jeff Tweedy tipped his hat to acknowledge an enthusiastic crowd.


No comments:

Post a Comment