Saturday 21 September 2019

Not Following the Valency River into Boscastle


After visiting St. Juliot Rectory, the main setting for Thomas Hardy's courtship with Emma of course, I toyed with the idea of following the grassy path (above) down to the Valency river valley.

The gate below is a kind of mystical-type side entrance into St. Juliot Rectory:


While walking down towards the Valency river:


I decided to turn back, as I had many things to do (e.g. visit Boscastle Harbour and Beeny Cliff, of Hardy significance too, of course) and not much time on my hands.

Hence, I ended up retracing my steps back to the main road into Boscastle, and caught my first glimpse of the Valency river near the car park in Boscastle:


Soon started to pass upmarket hotels at the side of the river:


And I guess the area that got badly flooded a few years ago.



Also saw a Museum of Witchcraft:


Not my kind of thing to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment