Friday 24 September 2021

Oum and Moh! Kouyaté - Warsaw Teatr Dramatyczny (19-09-21)

 

My highlight of last weekend was seeing Oum and Moh! Kouyaté at the Teatr Dramatyczny in Warsaw.

First up on this double headlining evening was Moroccan singer Oum and her band who didn't disappoint:


Most of the songs were 9-10 minutes long and a bit Prog-sounding which was a nice surprise and right up my street.

The Oum set was so good that it went in a flash, and the band deservedly took mass applause at the end of it:


After about a 20-minute break in which I had a closer look at the beautiful Teatr Dramatyczny interior:



It was the turn of Guinea musician Moh! Kouyaté and his band who I also thoroughly enjoyed:


What I really like was the upbeat melodies and pure joy in the music.


Such was my enjoyment that I not only found myself tapping my feet, but also dancing around a bit (something unusual for me).


Now, I find myself looking up the great Moh! Kouyaté tunes that I heard last Sunday, such as Fé toki and Yéllé.

Yeah, really enjoyed both the Oum and Moh! Kouyaté sets last Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment