Thursday 9 September 2021

Świętokrzyska Metro-River Vistula Walk

Making my way down from Świętokrzyska metro station to the river Vistula in Warsaw, I first passed the Polish patriots' flag below:

Then a quite, new-looking Solidarity monument:


Followed by the Chopin Museum building:

Have never been inside the Chopin Museum, but it sure looks impressive from the outside.

And not far from the riverside, I passed St. Theresa of the Child Jesus' church:


Know the general story of St. Theresa of the Child Jesus, about her zealous faith despite tremendous suffering and an early death, but must read more about her some time, because she is held in such high regard.

After about 20 minutes or so, I found myself arriving at the river Vistula, and being greeted by a statue which kind of reminded me of an Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand book cover:


Have never read Atlas Shrugged, but thoroughly enjoyed reading The Fountainhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment