Saturday 11 September 2021

Working in the Garden

 

Spent a few days working round the garden in eastern Poland the other week, looking after conifer trees, first getting rid of grape vines which had wrapped themselves round the conifers strangling the life out of them.

I also set about trimming the conifers to protect the garden fence:

A week or two before this, I did some flagging:


Didn't do this perfectly, but it was better than beforehand. Unfortunately, a big colony of ants is at work and will probably destabilise things again in the future.

Of course, while working in the garden, I got to see my friends the goats,


geese,

and hens:


All these animals love to be fed with human food leftovers, and the goats, who'll eat more or less anything, love the grape vine leaves too.

Nice shot of the back of the barn:


And the neighbour's tomato tent:


With a sunflower standing next to it:


 Been a good year for the grapes:


But, sadly, not the raspberries:



Finally, me, in my old working gear:


No comments:

Post a Comment