Tuesday 18 July 2023

Katowice Arrival

 I set off from Warsaw Central train station at 6.19 am, and arrived in Katowice at just past half nine.

The train station didn't look bad at all.

And very soon, I found myself in the city centre, surrounded by some interesting tall buildings:



And making my way up towards the Spodek, without needing the tram:


The gigantic black building(s) in the distance told me I was on the right path:


And very quickly, the Spodek came into view:


The waterfall was also near another kind of interesting building:

But at this point, I found myself veering right to find my hotel:


And a welcome 3-4 hours in bed before watching Gong kick off the 2023 Summer Fog Festival at the Spodek.


Gosh, that kip really did feel like a Godsend.

No comments:

Post a Comment