Wednesday 19 July 2023

Gong - Summer Fog Festival (Katowice Spodek 15-07-23)

After my early afternoon siesta, I strolled down to the Spodek to watch Gong open up the Summer Fog Festival:


Thought that Gong were fantastic, they did a great job of getting the Festival started.


The tunes that stood out for me were Kapital; Rejoice!; and Insert Yr Own Prophecy.

Before this, I'd last seen Gong at the Loreley Night of the Prog Festival (the Rhineland) in 2017, what a great trip that was.


To be honest, I've only ever seen Gong three times, once with Daevid Allen and Gilli Smyth at the Canterbury Fayre (Kent) in the late 1990s (or early 2000s), but I've really enjoyed them each time I've seen them.

Remember at Loreley, an old English guy, in his late 70s, saying that there's a lot more to Gong than what may first meet the eye (no matter what the line-up, they're very talented).

No comments:

Post a Comment