Tuesday 18 July 2023

Steve Hillage Band - Summer Fog Festival (Katowice Spodek 16-07-23)

 

Thankfully, I finally got to see Steve Hillage.

From where I come from, Bury (Lancashire), Hillage is a legend for having played the Deeply Vale Festival in the late 1970s.


My parents saw Steve Hillage at Deeply Vale but, unfortunately, I didn't.

So, it was great to see Hillage and his fantastic band (with Miquette Giraudy and the guys from Gong) at Katowice Spodek (a concert hall built like a flying saucer).

Quickly into the set, it was brilliant to be finally listening to All Too Much (Beatles classic) and The Salmon Song live.

And the film backdrop, often showing Hillage album images/motifs, worked perfectly with the music.



Green was the first Hillage album that I heard, can remember somebody on (BBC) Radio 1 playing tracks off it when it first came out in 1978. 

In between songs, it was nice to listen to Steve Hillage talking about living and writing songs in Canterbury (Kent) in the early/mid-1970s (much later in time, I lived in Canterbury for a few years).


Yeah, it was fantastic to finally see Steve Hillage live.

No comments:

Post a Comment