Monday 9 September 2024

A New Day Festival: Day One (16-08-2024)

Got into the New Day Festival arena a bit later than intended through having to go to Faversham to have our Canterbury to Oxford coach tickets printed out (my friend's wife had kindly sorted out the twenty odd pound tickets online so that we didn't have to pay a sixty odd quid train fare).

Still, we arrived in time to catch Peruvian band, Flor de Loto:

Despite having looked at them on YouTube, I hadn't really known what to expect from Flor de Loto, but their set was great:

Through the band doing the traditional Peruvian song, El Cóndor Pasa, fused with Jethro Tull's Locomotive Breathe, at least, I recognised a bit of the music.

Both my friend and I enjoyed the Flor de Loto set, as we did with Albion:


Really enjoyed Albion's version of The Pogues' Bottle of Smoke.

Somehow or other, often through relaxing on the campsite nearby, we ended up listening to most other bands in the background (being not far from 60, I now have to pace myself at a festival, especially when travelling around the country on holiday).

Absolutely loved the Tangerine Dream headline set:


Which included tunes that I was familiar with (White Eagle, Stratosfear etc.) and others that I knew less well.


For me, Love on a Real Train was the highlight of the set, sending a massive gush of serotonin to my head.


Have now seen Tangerine Dream quite a few times (in different incarnations).


Can't wait to see them again later in the year.


Many years ago (in the 70s/80s), I didn't really get what Tangerine Dream were about, but over the years, I've grown to love their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment