Friday 20 September 2024

Sundown at Chesham Woods (Bury, Lancashire)

While my friend left Oxford to fly back to Ireland, I made my way up to my home town, Bury, Lancashire, where I stayed for 2-3 days before going up to the Lake District.

One evening in Bury, I caught Chesham Woods at sundown:


Can still recall playing on swings as a teenager in Chesham Woods, back in the late 70s/early 80s, so the place holds a bit of nostalgia for me.

Having said that, the place did look a bit creepy at sundown:

And it was a bit of a relief to get back on the road that runs through the Woods, with a house being lit up:

Think that in years gone by, this place may've been some kind of animal sanctuary, but I could be wrong (the mind plays tricks as you get older, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment