Friday 20 June 2014

Canterbury, Kent: My Old Mate Ross


Thanks a lot my old mate, Ross Barnes (below), for reminding me of just how beautiful Canterbury is with his excellent picture of a gondola going through Westgate Gardens (above).  I lived in Canterbury between 1999 and 2003, and went back there for the EFL summer seasons between 2003 and 2007.  Absolutely love Canterbury and it was great to be reminded of the place.


As you can see, my old mate (Ross) above is quite a character, coming from Cornwall;  moving to Deal in Kent; then settling in Canterbury.  Went to a few concerts while living in Canterbury with Ross:  Blue Oyster Cult at London Astoria, and Robert Plant and Arthur Lee at the Canterbury Fayre at Mount Ephraim Gardens (on the way to Faversham from Canterbury).

Ross is also an excellent artist as can be seen in his piece of work below, called 'Hearts and Souls':


Yeah, Ross has done hundreds of pieces of interesting work like the one above, and I think he's got a real genuine talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment