Sunday 1 June 2014

Bury Town Centre: Some of My Favourite Buildings


If I had to choose my favourite building in Bury town centre, it would have to be the one above (the next building down on the Rock from Bury Parish church below).  Just love this building and often think that it wouldn't be out of place on Canterbury High Street (I lived in Canterbury, Kent for four years in the early 2000s).


Of course, the Parish church above is impressive, but living in such a place as Bury, people's eyes must get de-sensitised to the beauty of such a building.

Next up, it's the old East Lancs railway (now a steam train) station below.  For the first 30 years of my life, I lived in Bury, but never really noticed the clock on the right of the picture below:


And of course, just down the road, there's Bury Snooker Club which just never seems to change:


Love the green tiling on the Snooker Club building:


And, finally, there's the 'Art Picture House' round near Bury Interchange below: 


I've been told that in the olden days, this place was a cinema, and from my schooldays, I seem to remember it having been a bingo hall, and now it is a Wetherspoons  (much better than the other Wetherspoons below, near the Parish church, for both food and Real Ale):

No comments:

Post a Comment