Thursday 5 June 2014

Tangerine Dream Live at Warsaw Arena Ursynow


Despite having been aware of Tangerine Dream back in my schooldays in the late 1970s/early 1980s, I only started giving them a proper listen when I heard they were doing their 'Farewell Tour' about six months or so ago.  And after listening to 'The Electric Mandarine', which I really like, I decided to see the band at the Arena Ursynow in Warsaw last night.

Really loved the dreamy feel of this gig with the sometimes wonderful images on screen, as I recognised about a third of the tunes but struggled to name any.  Looking on Youtube today to find the names of the tunes that I recognised, I would say that 'Long Island Sunset' and (perhaps predictably) 'Warsaw in the Sunset' were two of the standout tunes last night.



Wasn't a good night for getting pictures, I'm afraid, as it  was announced beforehand that the band didn't want to be filmed during the show and the audience also seemed reticent of taking shots.


And the Arena Ursynow?  This was my first time there and it's some kind of sports (possibly basketball) arena which gives the place a strange kind of atmosphere.  Also sadly no sign of any beer here - just think that a pint or two goes down well with a concert.

Below, an oldish Polish guy, who the crowd seemed to recognise, is giving a 5-minute speech before Tamgerine Dream walk on stage:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment