Saturday 31 January 2015

Arena: Some Great Tunes

Been aware of the British Prog band Arena (with the original Marillion drummer Mick Pointer) for a few years, but until recently I had unwisely skipped giving them a proper listen.

So now that I'm giving the band a sustained listen, which tunes are emerging as my favourites?  Well, I really like 'The Shattered Room'; 'Butterfly Man'; and 'The Visitor', all class tunes:




As for the (previous vocalist) Rob Sowden versus (current vocalist) Paul Manzi debate, for me, both guys have great voices. 

Really like 'The Shattered Room' and 'Butterfly Man', as both tunes remind me of Marillion around the time of their 'Script for a Jester's Tear' debut album (remember seeing Marillion in 1982 at Manchester Apollo).



No comments:

Post a Comment