Thursday 22 January 2015

Manchester City Centre: Some More Pictures


Some more pictures of Manchester city centre from my recent Christmas visit, starting with Manchester Anglican Cathedral (above).

Had always wondered what the weird-looking glass building was below, and, during this trip, I discovered that it was the National Football Museum:


Next up, I had forgotten how beautiful the (old Victorian) Midland Hotel building was (below):


And in Piccadilly Square, underneath the Queen Victoria statue, a charity was giving out basic food and clothing to whoever wanted it:


Absolutely love the old Victorian building (below) which I took a shot of through looking down from Piccadillly train station:


Always liked passing this building when walking down to my first Rock concerts (UFO; Rush; Scorpions; Van Halen; Def Leppard/Magnum; Triumph; Motorhead; MSG etc.) at Manchester Apollo in 1980 (how time flies).

No comments:

Post a Comment