Thursday 15 January 2015

St. Moling's Well, Brosna, County Kerry


Here, on New Year's Day 2015, I was making my way round to St. Moling's Holy Well in the pouring rain at Brosna village:
  

Despite the heavy rain, the well/shrine was quiet and solemn:




But I unwisely didn't take a drink from the well as I was too busy covering up from the rain:


Wish I had taken a drink as I came back from Ireland in early January with a pretty bad chest/throat infection which put me in bed for five days.

And there is the story about the miraculous birth of St. Moling in 614 from which the well is said to have sprung:


Despite the heavy rain, I found St. Moling's Well profoundly solemn and calm, a great resting place away from the crazy (post-) postmodern world that I must unfortunately live in:



No comments:

Post a Comment