Saturday 24 January 2015

Delain (Battle Beast and Sabaton) Live at Warsaw Torwar 23rd January 2015


First gig of the year last night:  Delain; Sabaton and Battle Beast at Warsaw Torwar (very good value for money at 100 złoty, about 17 quid).

I went mainly to see Delain and wasn't disappointed, my favourite tunes of the night being 'Get The Devil Outta Me'; 'Army Of Dolls'; 'Not Enough'; 'Sleepwalkers Dream'; and 'We Are The Others'.  Had rather unwisely spurned a couple of previous opportunities to see Delain in Warsaw so it was nice to finally catch the band live last night.


Unfortunately, I found it difficult as hell to get good shots of Charlotte Wessels and her bandmates on stage, so I've had to play about with editing the colouring to make some sense of them:


Below, the band are deservedly taking enthusiastic applause at the end of their nice melodic set:


Yeah, this is what I like about Delain, they are melodic, and, for me, this is what music is mainly about.

Also found Battle Beast (on before Delain), who I don't know that well, surprisingly melodic:


The crowd responded really well to Battle Beast which was especially appreciated by the drummer (below):
 

And then, finally, Sabaton, who, to be honest, I just don't get (understand).  Thus, they're just not my cup of tea, although the crowd last night mainly loved them.


Just find Sabaton a bit too 'Spinal Tapish', and the excessive chatting (including repeating several Polish phrases) between songs just didn't do it for me.


Having said this, me and my mate Oliver did find the way the drums had been set up like a tank amusing, and my few half-hearted shots of Sabaton seem to have turned out much better than the ones I'd put so much effort into getting of Delain:


But overall, a good first gig of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment