Saturday 5 October 2013

Warsaw in Autumn


Had always wanted to get a few shots of the leaves turning colour in autumnal Warsaw, and, this year round, I finally got round to doing this.  After the dramatic and often beautiful changes in colours, things inevitably wither away, and this is why I much prefer the American word '(the) fall' than the British 'autumn'.  Yes, I love the association of the Adam and Eve 'fall from grace' story and the association of autumn with human mortality.

Also can't help but think of Justin Hayward's canonical 'Forever Autumn' whenever I think of and experience this time of year:


Found this interesting version of Justin Hayward doing 'Forever Autumn' inside Canterbury Cathedral with what appears to be Ian Anderson on flute:


What a magic juxtaposition of song, place and performers.  I absolutely loved visiting the Cathedral when I lived in Canterbury for three or four years at the back end of the 1990s and start of the 2000s, really good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment