Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Young Gods Live at Warsaw Basen 24th November 2013


Don't know that much about The Young Gods other than a few tunes like 'Skinflowers' (below), and the fact that their work is admired by, amongst others (including David Bowie), Mike Patton of Faith No More above (singing 'Did You Miss Me' with the band).  Thus, having already been to three concerts over the past week, what made me go and see another band, one that I'm not that familiar with?


Well, there's a simple answer to this:  PURE CURIOSITY.  Just wanted to see what The Young Gods were like live, as they have a kind of cult-like status as musical innovators.

So what about the concert itself?  Well, beforehand, I'd heard that the band would be mainly doing their Francophone stuff from the first two albums, and this is what they seemed to do. 


Did I enjoy the gig itself?  Well, I'm not that sure, to be honest, as the (post-) industrial kind of thing isn't really my scene, but, having said this, a few of the tunes did resonate well in my head after the concert (causing me to look them up on Youtube), such as 'Fais la Moulette' and 'L'Amourir' below (live from Geneva in 2012):


Thus, despite not being sure as to what to think about this gig, some positive kind of vibe has grown from Sunday night, prompting me to further explore and become more familiar with The Young Gods' music on Youtube (of course, it may've been a good idea to have done this beforehand, but, on the other hand, this may've made things too predictable).

No comments:

Post a Comment