Saturday 14 February 2015

Calexico at Manchester Academy 2 in 2003


Was going through some old photos that I've not seen in donkey's years, when I came across this old shot of Joey Burns from the Calexico gig at Manchester Academy 2 (the medium-sized one) on the 'Feast of Wire' tour in 2003.

Went to this gig with my wife; Wobbler who I haven't seen for years since he moved to Bacup; and Alan Moore who's now back in his native Blackpool.

Only seen Calexico once and I remember that all four of us thought the gig was fantastic.  Really liked Calexico in the late 1990s/early 2000s, having first heard them on a John Peel evening session around this time.

Guess that my favourite Calexico tunes would have to be 'The Ride (Part 2)'; 'Crystal Frontier' and 'Black Heart'.

No comments:

Post a Comment