Monday 9 February 2015

Knights Templar Manor House in Strood (Rochester), Kent


Got these pictures of the Knights Templar Manor House in Strood, Kent, from the Internet.


Got to see this place when I was visiting Rochester one day over 10 years ago when I was living in Canterbury at the time.  Still vaguely remember crossing a long bridge not that far from Rochester Cathedral over the River Medway, and, not long after this (to the left if my memory serves me correctly), going down a bit of a dirty road/track, surrounded by an ugly industrial estate, to get to the place, which, as you can see from the pictures above, looks amazing on the outside.

Unfortunately, the Manor House wasn't open the day I visited it, but from the picture below, it looks completely bare inside:


All in all, I guess that a visit to the Manor House would only take up about 20-30 minutes at the place itself, but I still think it's definitely worth it for the sense of awe you get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment