Wednesday 25 February 2015

UK Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja 24th February 2015


As expected, this was a masterclass in musicianship, and, at times, I felt myself fusing with the music, especially during my favourite UK tune 'Rendezvous 6.02' and the King Crimson classic 'Starless'.

Got up to the Klub Progresja at 8pm and there was still a queue waiting outside to get in, so I went in the shopping centre next door to have a kebab and, lo and behold, 20 minutes later I was inside the Klub Progresja with the gig having already started (I'd also arrived late when seeing UK at the Palladium in 2009).
 

Decided to not bother finding my seat and stayed at the back of the concert hall, so the few shots I got turned out like 'surreal oil paintings', although I quite like the shots of John Wetton above and Eddie Jobson below:


Was soon told by a bespectacled official that taking pictures wasn't allowed, so, of course, I complied with his wishes.


And then outside in the hallway, I discovered that the taking of pictures was forbidden for this gig:


Just think that through the banishment of taking photos, a gig loses something of its dynamic and natural sense of adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment