Saturday 1 October 2016

Bury (Lancashire): Brandlesholme To Greenmount Walk


Above, we're crossing the river Irwell while walking the old train line route from Brandlesholme to Greenmount in Bury.


Despite having lived in Bury up to the age of 30 (before leaving Bury 20 years ago), I had never visited Greenmount so when I went back to Bury recently, I decided to take a look at the place.


I immediately recognised the school above and church below from pictures I'd seen on 'Old Bury' websites:



After a bit of walking around, we found Hollymount school tucked away from the rest of Greenmount, a bit like like some kind of Brideshead:



Had wanted to see this place because when I'd been at St. Gabriel's many years ago, some of my classmates had bragged about attending the place.  Must say that it did look impressive.

Below, me and my old friend Phil managed to get a quick drink in at the Hare & Hounds at Holcombe Brook:


No comments:

Post a Comment