Thursday 6 October 2016

Katatonia Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja 5th October 2016


This was my third gig in four days and it was quite packed, so it was always going to be a bit 'gruelling' especially after a long day at work.


Still, it was also going to be impossible to not warm to Katatonia, for me, one of the most interesting bands around today.



Of course, I was always going to enjoy 'Teargas'; 'Evidence'; 'My Twin' etc.


But the song that really stood out for me was 'Soil's Song', a tune that's not really a favourite of mine, but really shone out last night.


And the new stuff off the recent album, 'The Fall of Hearts', well, for me, it all has a dream-like quality which was nicely reproduced last night.


Think that the band, Jonas in particular, really appreciated the audience response to the gig:



No comments:

Post a Comment