Sunday 23 October 2016

Bury (Lancashire): Passing through Walshaw


On my way back from Affetside, I passed through Walshaw and saw the 1st World War Memorial above.  Have just read that the memorial was erected in 1925, with a memorial inscription honouring the dead from the 2nd World War being added after the latter.

I also caught sight of one of the most stunning buildings in Bury, Christ Church in Walshaw:


Of course, I'm not in the least surprised to find out that Christ Church is a listed building, as it's absolutely stunning:


Have just read that this Gothic revival church was built in the late 19th century:


All I can say is that the people who designed and built this building definitely knew what they were doing.  I'm not Anglican but the building gives me some kind of enchantment, it's just incredibly beautiful and an honour to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment