Sunday 9 October 2016

Bury (Lancashire): Stunning Ainsworth Churches


While passing through Ainsworth on my way to Affetside, I first passed this stunning Anglican church.  The church was open with youngish people coming out so I guessed there must've been a baptism, or maybe they were just regular churchgoers.


And a little further down the road, still in Ainsworth, I encountered this equally stunning Methodist church: 

This church building looked more impressive from a distance:


Then somewhere between Ainsworth and Affetside, down a lane somewhere, I came across this old, cottage-type Congregational church:


Was nice to see these old churches still running (not sure about the one above, though) in what I'd call a more rural area of Bury, in contrast to the growing number that have closed down in more urban areas of Bury.

No comments:

Post a Comment