Sunday 12 November 2017

Mastodon and Russian Circles Live at Warsaw Progresja 11th November 2017


The Progresja was packed out for Mastodon last night so I didn't fancy jostling about trying to take shots near the front of the stage.


Thankfully, the band had a great stage show with ever-changing, strange shapes on the back screen so this turned out a good gig to watch from the back of the crowd:


Have listened to Mastodon for a few years in passing and have never really been able to make my mind up about them, viewing them as some kind of half Metal-half Prog band.


So last night, I went to see the band out of pure curiosity, and I've got to admit that I enjoyed them more than I expected.


I just sensed that they had far more strings to their bow than I'd previously realised, as I really enjoyed the kind of faint psychaedelic stream that they sometimes fuse into their Metal Prog/Prog Metal kind of music.

My main memory of the night is going to the bar downstairs for a nice Czech beer, and coming back to the gig to see waves of hands responding to 'Show Yourself'.


Was also curious to see Russian Circles last night.  Watched the first 2-3 tunes not that far from the front, but just found it too loud, I was genuinely worried about my ears (even with some ear protection).

Still, as expected, the drummer was amazing (like Mastodon, I only know Russian Circles in passing):


No comments:

Post a Comment