Saturday 18 November 2017

Public Service Broadcasting Live at Warsaw Hydrozagadka 17th November 2017


Really enjoyed Public Broadcasting Service at Warsaw Hydrozagadka last night.  After a hard working week, I was well up for this gig.


Really like the band's recent album 'Every Valley' (about the rise and fall of the Welsh coal mining industry) so last night's gig was a real treat.


It was also great to listen to other PSB tunes I like (especially 'Spitfire'; 'Everest' and 'Gagarin') live.


Being English/British myself and living abroad, this gig was just like visiting a big piece of English/British culture for the evening.



My favourite tunes of the night?  They would have to be 'The Pit' and 'All Out' from 'Every Valley':



I was 18-19 when the big miners' strike took place in mid-1980s Britain.  Can still recall the rucks and scrums between masses of police and striking miners.

No comments:

Post a Comment