Sunday 22 September 2024

Hawkshead-Sawrey Walk


The lady at Hawkshead Tourist Information told me that the walk to the Beatrix Potter Hill Top house in Sawrey was 2-3 miles, being equally divided by main road and path around the scenic Esthwaite Water.

After a stormy night of camping in Coniston, the sun was out during my walk from Hawkshead to Beatrix Potter's Hill Top:

Being honest, the walk interested me more than anything else, as I really enjoyed getting a good look at Esthwaite from a public bridleway:


At times, I was able to get right next to the water:

The old building here seemed to completely blend in with the green setting.

But the peaceful solitude that I felt walking around Esthwaite ended at Hill Top

With American tourist voices being heard almost everywhere.

But still the place looked pleasant.

I asked a Japanese official how much it was to get in the Beatrix Potter place, it was 15-pound, I didn't really have time anyway, as I wanted to get back to Coniston to visit the old copper-mines above the village.

Another interesting-looking building at the water's edge during my walk back to Hawkshead:

A window jutting out of a house next to the roadside:

I guess that if people are driving, rather than walking, they often miss such subtle details.

No comments:

Post a Comment