Monday 30 September 2024

Two Concerts Back in Warsaw

Have now been back in Warsaw for almost a month, and have seen two gigs, starting with Kosheen at the Klub Niebo on 13th September:

Kosheen came on with the immensely powerful, Damage; closed out the set with the incredibly melodic, Catch; and thankfully, did my favourite tune of theirs, Avalanche.

It was good to catch up with Kosheen as I'd last seen them about 20 years ago.

Two weeks later, again on a Friday evening, on the 27th September, I saw The Pretenders for the first time, at the StodoĊ‚a in Warsaw:

Thoroughly enjoyed this gig, Chrissie Hynde still has a great voice, and the finger-picking guitar play of James Walbourne was awesome.


The band delivered a wonderful two-hour set with a nice balance of big hits (Kid; Don't Get Me Wrong; I'll Stand by You etc.), and other songs that really caught my attention (You Can't Hurt a Fool; Junkie Walk; I Think About You Daily etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment