Wednesday 11 November 2015

Chelsea Wolfe Live at Warsaw Proxima 10th November 2015


For a change, I was up at Warsaw Proxima last night.  Chelsea Wolfe was wonderful, at times sublime, but much louder than I expected (I somehow got stuck next to the amps on the right-hand side of the stage).  As soon as she came on with 'Carrion Flowers', my ears were burning but fortunately I had some tissue in my pockets which worked well as ear plugs and I got a great sound next to the amps.

And three songs in, we got my favourite Chelsea Wolfe tune: 'We Hit a Wall' (truly beautiful).  Halfway through the set, as an almost 50-year-old man, I felt the need to retreat towards the back of the hall, have a nice cold, refreshing pint of beer, and watch things unfold from a distance:


Always try to do this at gigs: first go up near the front to get the full-on atmosphere, then retreat to the back to get a more 'detached' viewpoint, observing a gig from polar opposite perspectives, if you like.

Don't really like the Proxima as the place is a bit on the small side, but really enjoyed Chelsea Wolfe last night. Only discovered her music a few months ago and immediately liked it. 

Have read that she really likes DH Lawrence and Ayn Rand (two of my favourite writers - for me, DH Lawrence's 'The Rainbow' and Ayn Rand's 'The Fountainhead' are two of the finest books ever written). 

No comments:

Post a Comment