Tuesday 10 November 2015

Fish Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja 9th November 2015


Not that familiar with Fish's solo stuff so I didn't really know what to make of the first half or so of this gig.


Still, Fish is a great storyteller and I enjoyed listening to his tales, and it's clear he has a deep affection for Poland which he's been visiting since 1987.


Like most people, I guess, I was there last night for 'Misplaced Childhood', the 50 minutes or so of Marillion magic from 30 years ago now (how time literally flies):


As expected, the whole tone and atmosphere of the gig changed as Fish went through 'Pseudo-Silk Kimono'; 'Kayleigh'; 'Lavender'; 'Heart of Lothian' etc.


Played my 'Misplaced Childhood' vinyl out many years ago as an 18 or 19-year-old in the mid-80s.  Remember seeing Marillion around the time of the album at Castle Donington in 1985 and Milton Keynes in 1986 (a guy called Bram, who has lived in London for years, drove us down from Bury, Lancashire, in a furniture van).  Those were the days, I guess, and 'Misplaced Childhood' takes me back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment