Monday 9 November 2015

Godspeed You! Black Emperor Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja 8th November 2015


Not being that familiar with their music, I went to watch Godspeed You! Black Emperor out of curiosity more than anything else. Of course, I sensed that it would be a fascinating audio-visual experience:


Five, maybe ten minutes in, I wasn't quite sure what I was doing there, but then as seemingly semi-discordant tunes started spiralling into beautiful harmonies, it felt like I was entering the sublime.


That's just how good it was, I felt absorbed and transfixed in a wonderful audio-visual unity, admittedly not knowing any of the names of the tunes, but recognising some of them by melody.



Seen many great gigs this year, and this one might just be top of the list.



Caught opening act, Xarah Dion, who was also good:


No comments:

Post a Comment