Thursday 26 November 2015

Starting Reading George Eliot's 'Silas Marner'


Currently reading George Eliot's 'Silas Marner' whenever I have a few minutes spare on the underground or tram in Warsaw, or to keep me away from getting addicted to the curse of Facebook.

I'm only about 70 pages into this 200-page or so novella, but so far, the gods seem to be completely against poor Silas: being banished from his home place for a theft he never did, and then years later, being robbed of his life savings.  However, having seen a wonderful BBC series of 'Silas Marner' many years ago, I know that things will start brightening up for poor Silas.

Glad that 'Silas Marner' is only a couple of hundred pages.  Only other George Eliot I've read was 'Adam Bede' (a big novel) many years ago studying Literature at university.

No comments:

Post a Comment