Thursday 18 April 2013

Spring Shining on a Warsaw Church of Polish Saints


Came across this incredible church a few days ago while strolling from a visit to the dentist up towards Aleje Jana Pawła II (John Paul II Road) in Warsaw on a beautiful spring day.  In fact, I hadn't seen such a fine blue sky for about six months, so it was as precious as gold.

But this was no ordinary church.  First, I loved the statues at the front of the church:



Good to see that such statues stand the test of time without being vandalised.  Moreover, round the side of the church, there was something even more interesting:  statues of what seemed to be Polish saints:





Only had my mobile phone on me, and these statues deserve better, so I must get back round to this church again with a decent camera:



Yeah, this church has got to be caught in proper detail some time, and it must have some kind of story to tell that I need to find out.  But a few days ago, I was just happy to stumble across it, as it was bathing in beautiful spring sunshine, and I was feeling the happy closure of a long, sun deficient winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment