Saturday 13 April 2013

Warsaw: Spring 2013 Is Finally Here!

Yes, as hard as it is believe, Spring 2013 is finally here.  Last week, the temperature started to rise, and, thankfully, the snow started to disappear:


Today, I was up in the Wolska area of Warsaw taking a few pictures of the beautiful grey Catholic church up there (just after the Eastern Orthodox church cemetery and just before the Mormon church):




Only had my little mobile on me, but think that it did me quite proud here.  Love the stout rectangular shape of this church, and was determined to get some semi-decent shots of it in long-awaited Spring.

Yesterday, I saw this wonderful picture advertising the upcoming Residents concert at Warsaw Basen (this will be my first time here) on May 10th:



Remember The Residents from my schooldays, and finally got to see them for the first time at Warsaw Stodoła, a few years ago.  Like The Residents as they're a 'bit different' from a lot of the things I listen to.

However, tomorrow night, it's Riverside at the Klub Progresja (great video work from somebody below on Youtube): 



Really looking forward to this as I love going to the Progresja for the Prog gigs (Iron Butterfly; The Flower Kings; Threshold plus Enochian Theory; Pain Of Salvation etc.), although tomorrow night, I guess the place will be packed to the rafters (deservedly so for my favourite Polish band).

No comments:

Post a Comment