Saturday 4 May 2013

Florence Cathedral: Aesthetic Emotion

During my recent short trip to Italy, the building that astonished me the most was without doubt Florence Cathedral:




Before visiting Florence, I had never seen any pictures of this Cathedral so I was always going to be in for an incredible surprise.  The tiling on the cathedral walls is absolutely awesome, and I was in pure enchantment land upon first seeing this great building:



Was also lucky enough to get a shot of a very pretty young lady also seemingly experiencing the sublime while observing the cathedral:



Love it when I can capture somebody in the process of pure aesthetic emotion as the young lady above.  Her posture and gaze point towards her being completely transfixed by the pure beauty of the cathedral building. 



How could anyone not love this building? 

Immediately opposite Florence Cathedral, there was a much smaller, squat building that was of similar tiled design:



Yes, I absolutely loved soaking myself in all this enchantment.

No comments:

Post a Comment