Tuesday 28 May 2013

Mudhoney Live at Warsaw Stodoła 28-05-13


First came across Mudhoney live at Reading Festival in 1995 and quite enjoyed them back then.  A couple of years later, while living in the foothills of the Tatra Mountains in Nowy Sącz in southern Poland, I bought a Mudhoney cassette (it's still 'lost' in one of my cassette boxes, but can't recall the title), and, for years, this was the sum of my experience with Mudhoney.

However, a few months ago, I saw that Mudhoney were going to play Warsaw Stodoła, and decided it was time to get reacquainted with the band.  I managed to do this quickly through watching the 'Live at the KOKO' video a few times which made sure of my attendance at the Stodoła tonight:


Last week, I was in Manchester, with about 10,000 others to watch Rush at the Arena (as usual, Rush were fantastic), and Journey plus Whitesnake at the same place the following evening.  Thus, it was great to be back at my small but beloved Stodoła in Warsaw, where it was easy to get near the front of the stage:





Which track seemed to stand out most on the night?  Well, for me, that would have to be 'Touch Me I'm Sick', not that I know many Mudhoney tracks by name, anyway (the video below is from Boston earlier this month where a good soul recorded it):



Also loved 'Sweet Young Thing' (well done to whoever filmed this from the Warsaw gig):



Overall, I enjoyed Mudhoney a lot more than I expected this evening, as I thought that I might have a bit of a 'gig hangover' from the Rush and Journey/Whitesnake concerts in Manchester last week.  Don't usually like seeing gigs in such quick succession, but needs must.

Just found out that ZZ Top have pulled out of Warsaw Ursynalia.  What a load of CRAP!!!  Hope I get my money back for the ticket!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment